How to Set Up and Use an Assist Controller on the PS5
The Assist Controller feature on the PS5 offers a convenient way to adapt the console's controls to your specific requirements.
The PlayStation 5 (PS5) offers an immersive gaming experience with its stunning graphics and powerful hardware. To further enhance your gaming experience, Sony has introduced the Assist Controller feature, which allows for customized control settings tailored to individual players' needs. This feature is especially helpful for gamers with disabilities or those who prefer different control configurations. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of setting up and using an Assist Controller on the PS5.
Setting Up an Assist Controller:
1. Connect the Assist Controller: Start by connecting your Assist Controller to the PS5 console via USB or Bluetooth. Ensure that the controller is properly synced and powered on.
2. Access the Settings Menu: Turn on your PS5 and navigate to the home screen. From there, select the settings gear icon in the top right corner to access the settings menu.
3. Navigate to Accessibility: In the settings menu, scroll down and select "Accessibility" using the navigation buttons on your standard DualSense controller.
4. Enable the Assist Controller: Inside the Accessibility menu, find the "Controllers" section and choose "Assist Controller." Toggle the feature to enable it.
5. Customize Control Settings: With the Assist Controller enabled, you can now customize various control settings according to your preferences. Here are some options you can modify:
- Button Assignments: Change the functionality of specific buttons or remap them to other buttons on the controller.
- Stick Assignments: Swap the functionality of the left and right thumbsticks.
- Trigger Settings: Adjust the sensitivity and response curve of the L2 and R2 triggers.
- Vibration: Customize or disable the controller's vibration feedback.
- Motion Controls: Toggle motion control sensitivity or disable them entirely.
- Cursor Speed: Adjust the speed of the on-screen cursor.
Once you've customized your desired control settings, save them by exiting the settings menu. Ensure that Launch a game and enjoy playing with your personalized control settings. The PS5 will now recognize and apply the Assist Controller configurations you've set up.