A friendly guide on how to edit relationships in Sims 4
We totally understand how annoying editing relationships between your sims is, so we've got your back as your friendly neighborhood game guide! Keep reading to find out more, and thank us later :)
The Sims 4 is a hugely popular social simulation game that lets players create and control virtual people, known as Sims, in a dynamic simulated world. In this game, you have the power to guide your Sims in various aspects of their lives, including helping them advance in their careers, fostering relationships, cooking up delicious meals, and engaging in a wide range of activities. Sounds fun, right? We can promise you it IS too!
But what truly adds depth and complexity to the game is the ability to create your own families. With The Sims 4, you can craft intricate family relationships among your Sims, forging bonds that can be as traditional or unconventional as your imagination allows. Whether it's parents, siblings, or roommates, you have the freedom to define these relationships according to your whims.
However, for newcomers to the game, tinkering with family relationships might seem a tad overwhelming due to its complexity. Fear not, because we're here to guide you on how to edit family relationships in The Sims 4. So, let's dive right in and make those virtual family ties as unique as your imagination can muster!
Editing family relationships in The Sims 4 is a breeze when you use cheat codes. To customize these relationships, follow these straightforward steps:
1) Start by opening the cheat box. On PC, press Ctrl+Shift+C, while on Mac, it's Command+Shift+C. If you're playing on PlayStation or Xbox, use the corresponding bumper keys.
2) In the cheat box, type 'testingcheats true' and then press 'Enter' to activate cheats.
3) Once cheats are enabled, type 'cas.fulleditmode' in the cheat box and hit 'Enter'.
4) Now, while holding down the 'Shift' key, click on the Sim you want to customize the household relationship for. Use the left-click to select them.
5) From there, choose 'Modify in CAS', which can be found just above the 'Kill' option.
6) In the second row of options, you'll see the 'Edit Relationships' icon. Click on it.
7) A drop-down menu will appear, allowing you to make changes to the household relationships as you see fit.
With these simple steps, you'll have the power to craft unique and personalized family relationships in The Sims 4. Happy simming!
When you're creating a new Sim in The Sims 4, you have the option to establish various relationships with other Sims within the household. These relationships can include children, parents, spouses, grandparents, grandchildren, and cousins. To set up these relationships, follow these steps:
1) Start by customizing your Sim. In the Sim's customization menu, you'll find an option called 'Household Relationships'.
2) Click on 'Household Relationships', and from there, you can choose the desired relationship for your Sim.
It's important to note that the available relationship options for a new Sim can depend on their age and gender. For instance, you can't set a toddler Sim as the parent of an adult Sim. Once you've created a Sim and established these relationships, you won't be able to change them without using cheat codes. Additionally, cheat codes can be used to strengthen or weaken the friendship or romantic relationships between Sims, providing even more customization and storytelling possibilities in the game.